And here we are… January 2019 is upon us! Hope you had a fantastic & most of all delicious Christmas and are now ready for all that New Year has got in store for us! One thing I’m pretty sure of… it’s going to be another tasty one! 🙂 Well, to prove that delicious food is always around the corner simply take a look at the recipes our lovely blogging friends linked up to #BakingCrumbs during December. Fabulous Bakes – #Baking Crumbs January 2019 here we come!
I’ve decided that as on this occasion I wasn’t able to recreate one of your delights (broken wrist in a cast – not fun), I shall feature all the fabulous festive and not so festive bakes you’ve shared with us over at Jenny’s Apply To Face Blog.
Without further ado, let’s get right to it!
Fabulous Mince Pies
(From the left)
- If crumbly and buttery pastry is your thing you w ill love these Easy Mince Pies with Shortbread Pastry from Corina over at Searching for Spice. If you ask me, these can be enjoyed well beyond the festive season!
- These Easy Mince Pies from Jacqui over at Recipes Made Easy are everything they should be! Lovely buttery pastry with a hint of almond and orange filled with delicious mincemeat. Christmas treat perfection!
Fabulous Christmas Bakes
(Clockwise from top left)
- Fabulous, fun and full of Maltesers, this Maltesers Merryteaser Reindeer Chocolate Cake from Jenny over at Mummy Mishaps would look great on any festive table. Kids could help with decorating it too!
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies!!! Christmas classic in a brownie form from Nickki at Something Sweet Something Savoury.
- Another fabulous bake from Nickki is this gorgeous Christmas cake with a twist. Amaretto Fruit Cake sounds simply divine if you ask me and it’s much more straightforward to make than your traditional cake too!
- How gorgeous is this Gingerbread House from Kat over at The Baking Explorer? Perfect one to make with your kiddos so you should bookmark it ready for next year! Kat has free printable template to help you on your way too!
Fabulous Small Bakes
(Clockwise from top right)
- These gorgeous Italian Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti from Renu over at Cook with Renu would make perfect addition to your Christmassy cookie jar. Great for dipping in coffee! Yum!
- My own Dark Chocolate Cranberry Chestnut Cookies – soft, chewy, festive and delicious! Perfect for clearing out your cupboard after Christmas too. Who doesn’t have some open packets with cranberries and chestnuts?
- Macarons are delicious and sophisticated treats which are easier to make than you might think especially if you follow tips and tricks in recipe for Eva’s Macarons! (from Jacqui over at Recipes Made Easy)
Fabulous Celebration Bakes
(From the left)
- In need of celebration cake? Then look no further than this Gluten Free Roasted Banana & Chocolate Celebration Cake from Kate over at Gluten Free Alchemist. What I would give for a slice!
- All the fans of gingerbread latte rejoice as Nickki from Something Sweet Something Savoury made this Gingerbread Latte Cake especially for you! And have I mentioned Biscoff icing? I know, right?!
Fabulous Roulades / Rolls
(From the left)
- This White Chocolate And Raspberry Roulade by my lovely co-host Jenny from Apply To Face Blog would make a splendid addition to your festive spread of wow factor desserts. Beautiful flavours and really not too tricky to make either!
- Cuteness award goes to this fab Chocolate Reindeer Swiss Roll from Jenny at Mummy Mishaps. Really chocolatey and too cute to eat (not that it would ever stop me). I’ve already bookmarked it for next year!
Fabulous Savoury Bakes
(Clockwise from the top)
- These Mushroom & Chestnut Vegetarian Sausage Rolls with Mustard Pastry from Choclette over at Tin and Thyme would make perfect party nibbles (festive and beyond). Make sure you make enough as they will be disappearing before your very eyes!
- This Easy Homemade Baked Falafel by Renu from Cook with Renu would make perfect party nibble. So much healthier than traditional fried version too!
- This Vegan Irish Soda Bread from The Fiery Vegetarian looks simply irresistible. Perfect for dipping in warming soups or as a base for chunky open face sarnies!
- This delicious Feta Asparagus Quiche from Sylvie at The Foodie Journey would be a fantastic addition to any buffet. Who doesn’t like a bit of quiche!
Fabulous Tarte Tatin
- Last but not least this Apricot Tarte Tatin with Lemon Caramel from Sylvie at The Foodie Journey is a sunshine on a plate! Perfect for when you fancy a lighter offering during the period of festive indulgence!
MAKE SURE YOU STAY UP TO DATE WITH ALL THE LATEST RECIPES FROM JO’S KITCHEN LARDER
Pin Fabulous Bakes – #BakingCrumbs January 2019 for later!
NOW ONTO JANUARY’S #BAKINGCRUMBS LINKY.
IF YOU’VE GOT A BAKE TO SHARE, JOIN IN WITH #BAKINGCRUMBS!
Baking Crumbs is for all of those sweet and savoury bakes, where there’s the potential for crumbs! Pies and pastries, cookies and flapjacks, cakes and cupcakes, brownies, meringues……..
HERE’S HOW TO JOIN IN:
- Please include a link to this post on Jo’s Kitchen Larder and also a link to Apply To Face Blog.
- You can grab the badge too if you wish but it’s not essential. If you are using the badge please note the new one below! Simply grab a code and paste it into your post’s HTML section.
- Link up to 3 new bakes with a clear image, using the linky below. (Feel free to contact me if you have any problems doing so).
- Where applicable include the source of the recipe, though do use your own photos.
- Join me in making this a great baking community by sharing the blogging and baking love! Do spend some time commenting on, sharing, and yumming those bakes which catch your eye using the #BakingCrumbs hashtag so people know where you’ve come from!
Feel free to Tweet us @JoKitchenLarder and @applytofaceblog using the hashtag #BakingCrumbs and we will re-tweet all those that we see.
And why not use the hashtag #BakingCrumbs on Instagram too!
You’re also invited to join the Official Baking Crumbs Linky pinterest group board! Just drop me a note and I’ll get you added to the board!
And why not join the Baking Crumbs FaceBook group too, and share your love of baking with other like minded people
Please note, by linking up you are giving myself and Jenny permission to use your photograph in the round up and on social media too.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM JENNY & MYSELF:
We will both be commenting on all of the bakes entered into the #BakingCrumbs linky. We will also be sharing your delicious bakes on Twitter, as well as Pinning and Yumming them (where there is a ‘Yum’ button)! At the start of each subsequent month (usually on the 1st) either Jenny or myself will share a ‘highlight’ round up, as well as highlighting what we were tempted to recreate in our own kitchen that month.
HERE’S THE CODE FOR THE #BAKINGCRUMBS BADGE: