Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle are made with yogurt & lots of fresh strawberries.They are real taste of Summer with white chocolate on top! Perfect treat for any occasion!
I do love fruity bakes, especially the ones involving berries. I also like to bake with yogurt which provides added moisture and also encourages the raise and provides a hint on tanginess. Oh yes! These Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle combine the two and make perfect summery bake! Quick and easy to put together and as long as you follow my method, these are pretty much foolproof.
Why are these Strawberry Muffins so great?
One really cool thing about these muffins is that you don't even need a fancy mixer. In fact, I would urge you to resist using one even if you own it. These guys come out best when made by hand. All you need are couple of bowls, balloon whisk or a fork and a silicon or wooden spoon for mixing/folding.
They are perfect for feeding hungry crowd of kids at playdates but also fantastic for school bake sales, coffee mornings, picnics and even as an occasional breakfast treat (why not)! They look rather pretty too, especially when decorated with slices of strawberries and some fresh mint leaves - perfect for your Wimbledon watching gatherings (tennis isn't my thing I'm afraid lol).
Quick, easy and portable - that's my sort of combination! Oh and don't forget that subtle yet important drizzle of white chocolate on top! It adds that lovely, gentle sweetness plus strawberries and white chocolate is almost as good a combination as strawberries and cream!
Hands on tips when making Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle!
- There is no need to sieve your flour here! I usually pop all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and give them a good mix with a baloon whisk to make sure that they are all nicely and evenly distributed.
- I cannot stress enough how important it is not to overmix the batter! Gentle mixing/folding wet ingredients into your dry ones will ensure that you will only gently aerate the batter. Few gentle folding movements until you can no longer see the flour will suffice. Add strawberries, fold again and that's that!
- Don't be tempted to use fat free yogurt! Good quality full fat plain or thick Greek yogurt are the best and you really won't save tons of calories!
How to make Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle - Step-By-Step Instructions
How to melt white chocolate?
First of all, make sure you use really good quality chocolate as the better quality the less chance that it will split.
My favourite way of melting white chocolate is by putting it in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan with simmering water (bain-marie). Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Let the chocolate melt slowly giving it a gentle stir from time to time with silicone spatula. Once melted, remove the chocolate from the heat and drizzle over the cupcakes. Really easy!
Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle
- 250 g plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 ml rapeseed or olive oil
- 125 ml full fat plain or greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 150 g caster (fine) sugar
- grated zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g strawberries washed, hulled and roughly chopped
- 50 g white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- extra strawberries for garnish optional
- few fresh mint leaves for garnish optional
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Dry them gently with kitchen towel and chop roughly, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Put plain flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest in a large bowl and whisk gently with a balloon whisk or mix with the fork.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract until well combined and of smooth, almost batter like consistency.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour in your wet mixture. Mix it in gently and only until all the ingredients are combined and you can no longer see the flour. Take care not to overmix. Add chopped strawberries and fold them in gently.
- Divide the batter in between 12 muffin cases and bake in pre-heated oven for approx. 25 min until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let the muffins cool a bit on the wire rack before drizzling them with melted chocolate (see notes below). Decorate with slices of strawberries and mint leaves if desired.
- Nutritional information is approximate, per muffin and should be treated as a guideline only.
- How to melt white chocolate - Put your white chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan with simmering water (bain-marie). Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Let the chocolate melt slowly giving it a gentle stir from time to time with silicone spatula. Once melted, remove the chocolate from the heat and drizzle over the cupcakes.
- Store in the airtight container on the kitchen counter for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freezer friendly for up to 3 months (without strawberry and mint garnish).
Update Notes: This post was originally published on 2 July 2018 and updated in July 2019 with some more helpful info new headings.
Some more muffin recipes you might enjoy:
Some more fruity bakes you might enjoy:
Make sure you stay up to date with all the latest recipes from Jo’s Kitchen Larder
Have you tried my Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post, I love reading them!
Pin Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle For Later!
Cook Blog Share hosted by Easy Peasy Foodie, Cook Once Eat Twice ,Brilliant Blog Posts , Bake of the Week with CasaCostello and MummyMishaps, Fiesta Friday hosted by Angie, Antonia @ Zoale.com and Laurena @ Life Diet Health
Related products I recommend*
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a penny more. Please rest assured, I would never recommend a product unless I've used it myself and believe that it can be of use to you too. Thanks in advance for supporting Jo’s Kitchen Larder!