Easy, one-pan, oven-baked dinners are real favourite in our house yet I don’t seem to have many on the blog as of yet. That will have to change and today’s recipe is the one that fits the bill perfectly – Easy One-Pan Salmon & New Potatoes Bake.
The thing I love the most about these sort of dinners is that they are so easy to throw together with minimum prep and effort on your part which can make such a huge difference to “make” or “brake” feeling at the end of the day when you feel tired, a bit fed up and it’s roasting hot outside too.
I know what you are going to say, “It’s scorching hot and you are making things even hotter turning the oven on!”. Well, yes ok the oven will be on but for less then an hour and it will do all the hard work for you so in my humble opinion it is a worthy trade-off. 🙂 Plus as your oven is doing all the hard work, you can have a quick cuppa or perhaps nice cold beverage like this Rhubarb & Ginger Cooler with Mint & Lemon out in the garden (don’t forget to take your kitchen timer with you though)!
I actually think this Easy One-Pan Salmon & New Potatoes Bake is a perfect Summer dinner especially if you pair it with some lovely sides like simple griddled asparagus (which you could also add to the roasting tray at the same time as you are adding your fish for even less hassle) and our favourite Easy Grated Carrot Salad which I will share with you very soon. You could also serve it with any veggies of your choice roasted or steamed or simple green salad would be lovely too. I kept things really minimal here as that’s how we like it.
Make sure you stay up to date with all the latest recipes from Jo’s Kitchen Larder
Easy One-Pan Salmon & New Potatoes Bake
- 750 g new potatoes/baby potatoes/Jersey Royals scrubbed, unpeeled, halved or quartered if large
- 4 salmon fillets skin on
- 2-3 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 heaped tsp dried thyme
- 1 lemon
- salt, pepper, olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Scrub your potatoes but leave them unpeeled. Halve or quarter bigger ones and leave the really small ones whole trying to keep them similar size so that they roast evenly. Put them in the roasting tray with a good glug or two of olive oil, dried thyme and good amount of salt and pepper. Give them a good mix with your hands making sure they are evenly covered with oil and seasoning and put into preheated oven for 20 min.
- After 20 minutes take the roasting tray with the potatoes out of the oven and give the potatoes a little shake (you might need to use spatula if they got a bit stuck to the bottom) and put your salmon fillets (skin down) on top. Sprinkle the fillets with juice squeezed out of half a lemon , season with some salt and pepper and put back in the oven for 13-15 min or until salmon fillets are cooked (the timing will depend on the thickness of your fillets). The fish should be just opaque.
- Take baking tray out of the oven and sprinkle salmon and potatoes with some spring onions. Serve with sides of your choice, some tartar sauce and extra lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Have you tried my Easy One-Pan Salmon & New Potatoes Bake? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post, I love reading them!
Pin For Later!
I’m linking my Easy One-Pan Salmon & New Potatoes Bake with the following pages:
Cook Blog Share hosted by Jacqui at Recipes Made Easy
Cook Once Eat Twice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice
Brilliant Blog Posts hosted by Vicki at Honest Mum Blog
Related products from Amazon*
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a penny more. I only recommend products I own or really like and which caught my attention. Thanks in advance for supporting Jo’s Kitchen Larder!