Roasting your veggies for this Celeriac & Sweet Potato Soup intensifies their savoury sweetness & makes it comforting & cosy! Perfect for when you need that warm hug in a bowl!
For me it doesn't get any more comforting that big bowl of steaming roasted vegetable soup.
I tend to throw bunch of veggie chunks onto the baking tray, roast and when ready blend them with some veggie stock. Et voilà, the soup is ready!
My Roasted Celeriac & Sweet Potato Soup has turned out so super tasty that I simply had to write it up for the blog so that you can enjoy it too! It's naturally vegan and gluten-free too!
Let roasted veggies do the talking!
You might have already noticed how extremely simple this soup is!
Beside two main stars - celeriac and sweet potato, I have also included a parsnip (it needed using up so in it went), onion and lots of garlic!
Please don't be put off by the amount of garlic used here as when roasted it mellows and becomes sweet rather than pungent. You can of course use as much or as little garlic as you fancy.
As far as seasoning is concerned, I went with dried thyme (you can use fresh instead if you have some), salt and pepper! That's all this soup needs as roasted veggies do the talking here!
Useful tip when making Celeriac & Sweet Potato Soup
I haven't included the exact amount of veggies in grams or ounces as it is a soup and not elaborate bake for which you need to be super exact when it comes to quantities.
Your soup might have more sweet potato rather than celeriac, maybe two parsnips instead of one or no parsnips at all.
When it comes to quantities, be relaxed and use more stock if need be to thin your soup out a bit more if it appears too thick. Just enjoy!
Roasted Celeriac & Sweet Potato Soup - Serving Suggestions
I don't know about you but what better way to serve a bowl of delicious roasted vegetable soup than with some homemade croutons or a big chunk of homemade bread?
Try some of my delicious and easy loaves, quick flatbreads and fluffy rolls:
Or you might want so try some other delicious soup accompaniments to turn it into more substantial meal:
How to make Roasted Celeriac & Sweet Potato Soup
It really is as simple as peeling and cutting up your veggies, popping them onto baking tray together with a drizzle of oil, some dried thyme and seasoning and roasting until nice and tender.
You can of course use a high speed blender if you want to. I use and highly recommend Froothie Evolve High Speed Blender. If you're interested feel free to check out my Readers' Offer under the recipe card below.
That's all there is to it!
Make sure you taste and season your soup some more if required and your soup is ready to serve!
Have you tried my Roasted Celeriac & Sweet Potato Soup?
Some more delicious soup recipes for you to try!
Roasted Celeriac & Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 celeriac peeled and cubed
- 1 parsnip peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 4-6 garlic cloves (see notes) peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1.3 ltr vegetable stock from cube is fine
- salt, pepper, olive/rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare all the vegetables as per above and put them on a baking tray or in a roasting tin.
- Drizzle with some olive/rapeseed oil and sprinkle with dried thyme, salt and pepper and mix everything really well with your hands making sure that your veggies are properly covered with oil and seasoning.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approx. 30 min or until all the veggies are fork tender.
- Once tender put all the veggies in the large pan or stock pot and pour over the stock. Puree/blend until smooth adding more stock if you prefer a bit thinner consistency (1.3 ltr of stock will give you quite a thick soup).
- Season to taste, heat up if required and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some homemade croutons.
- Nutritional information is approximate and should be treated as a guideline only.
- I've used 6 garlic cloves in this soup which is quite a lot. Roasted garlic does become lovely and sweet but you can definitely taste it. Use as many cloves as you feel comfortable with.
- Feel free to use chicken stock if you don't need/want for this soup to be veggie/vegan. Stock cubes are absolutely fine and my favourite are Kallo Organic* stock cubes which I use all the time.
- The amount of stock you use here depends on how thick you'd like your soup to be. I've used 1.3 ltr /5 ½cups which gave me quite a thick soup which is how I like it.
FROOTHIE EVOLVE HIGH SPEED BLENDER – READERS’ OFFER
As an ambassador for Froothie I’m super excited to be able to pass on to you this great offer when purchasing Froothie Evolve High Speed Blender.
Make sure you follow one of my Evolve blender links to check out the latest offer on this fantastic machine on Froothie website. To add to this, if you buy this fantastic blender following one of my affiliate links, you will get extra 2 years warranty worth £45 (taking it up from very generous 5 to extremely generous 7 years)!
If you want to check out another recipe I’ve made using Froothie Evolve this delicious and super nutritious Beetroot Smoothie is the one.
Disclosure: I am an ambassador for Froothie but also use Froothie Evolve daily in my kitchen and can highly recommend it. I am not expected to provide positive review of their products and all the opinions expressed are my own.