Jerusalem Artichoke & Carrot Soup
Jerusalem Artichoke & Carrot Soup is comforting, vibrant & delicious. Nutty jerusalem artichokes & humble carrots make for the most wonderful flavour combination.
Servings 4 servings
- 500 g jerusalem artichokes well scrubbed and roughly sliced
- 500 g carrots peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 large onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks with leaves roughly chopped
- 2 plump garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- small bunch of leftover parsley stalks roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 1.2 l vegetable stock from cube is fine
- salt & pepper to taste
- creme fraiche or yoghurt and some chopped chives or parsley to serve
Prepare all the vegetables as per above.
In a large stock pot heat up olive/rapeseed oil and add all of the vegetables letting them stew gently until lightly softened but not coloured (approx. 10 min).
Add stock, season with salt & pepper and bring to boil.
Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for approx. 30 min or until vegetables are soft.
Take the soup off the heat and puree using stick blender until desired consistency.
Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
Serve garnished with a swirl of (vegan) yogurt or creme fraiche and some chopped chives or parsley.
- Nutritional information is approximate, per serving and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Leftover soup can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- This soup is naturally vegan but can also be prepared using chicken stock. Check my guide on How To Make Chicken Stock in Instant Pot (with instructions for hob/stovetop users too).
- To serve swirl a little bit of plain vegan yogurt of your choice (coconut one works really well) and finish by sprinkling over some chopped chives or parsley. Alternatively, creme fraiche or natural dairy yogurt can be used as non-vegan alternatives.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1309mg | Potassium: 1028mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 21636IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 5mg