Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus
Oven Roasted Asparagus makes a fantastic and elegant veggie side which is quick and easy to make. Learn tips on how to make & serve this seasonal delight.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 small bunch asparagus (250g or ½lb)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice, freshly grated parmesan, crumbled feta, crispy pancetta, parmesan flakes and lightly toasted almonds, balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
Trim asparagus spears by snapping off the woody ends (see above) and place them in a dish or bowl.
Drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Give it all a little toss ensuring all the spears are evenly covered in olive oil.
Roast in a single layer on top of the grill rack placed inside the baking tray or in a baking tray/dish for 8-10 minutes for thin to medium spears or 15-18 minutes for thicker ones.
Take out of the oven and serve immediately with the toppings of your choice.
- Nutritional information is approximate and should be treated as a guideline only. Please note that it doesn't include toppings.
- I find that small bunch of asparagus is enough for 2 servings however this recipe is easily doubled if need be.
- This simple side is best when eaten immediately, however, any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days and eaten cold/ added to omelettes etc.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 945IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.7mg