Cheat's Jerk Chicken with Rice & Peas (Beans)
Quick and easy midweek family dinner with a taste of Caribbean. Utterly delicious!
Servings 4 (2 adults and 2 kids)
- 500 g chicken thighs skinless & boneless
- 3 250g pouches of ready Tilda Caribbean Rice & Peas or similar
- spring onions to garnish
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp (and an extra shake) Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend or similar
- 3 Tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
Put all your marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Put chicken thighs in with the marinade and mix well ensuring that they are really well covered. Cover the bowl and put in a fridge for minimum 2 hours but preferably overnight.
Heat up the griddle pan and cook each thigh approx 8-10 min on each side until cooked through and beautifully charred.
Served with pouches of ready Carribean Rice & Peas (Beans) or similar sprinkled generously with spring onions and squeeze of lime.
- The number of servings per ready rice pouch is 2 which is never enough in our household. We tend to use 3 pouches for 2 adults and 2 children.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg