Chocolate Fork Biscuits (Vegan)
These Chocolate Fork Biscuits are really chocolatey, melt in the mouth delicious & vegan. It's the ultimate chocolate biscuits recipe that requires only few basic ingredients and is super easy to make too.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 18 biscuits
- 150 g plain (all-purpose) flour see notes
- 1 tsp baking powder see notes
- 70 g caster or golden caster sugar
- 20 g dark cocoa or cacao powder see notes
- 125 g vegan block butter or margarine (softenend) see notes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
Put vegan baking spread/butter, sugar and vanilla extract (if using) in a large bowl and using wooden spoon or hand mixer beat until nice and pale.
Sieve flour, baking powder, cocoa/cacao and salt into the bowl and mix until combined and dough starts coming together. At the end you might have to use your hand to gather the dough into a ball.
Divide the dough into small, walnut size balls and put them on prepared baking tray. Make sure you leave some space in between the balls.
Using fork flatten each of the balls gently to make a chocolate fork biscuit shape.
Bake in preheated oven for approx. 15 minutes. Let them cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring them onto the cooling rack.
Storing & Freezing
Store in the airtight container for up to a week.
Freezer friendly for up to 1 month. See "Storing and Freezing Chocolate Fork Biscuits" paragraph above
- Nutritional information is approximate, per biscuit and should be treated as a guideline only.
- You can use self-raising flour instead of plain flour and baking powder.
- There is no need to use baking powder if using self-raising flour.
- Feel free to use regular unsalted butter and regular unsweetened cocoa powder for your biscuits if yo don't need or want them to be vegan.
- See "Ingredients" paragraph above for vegan product I use and recommend for this recipe.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg