Party Sausages with Honey & Mustard Glaze
Delicious & sticky party sausages wrapped in bacon & glazed with mixture of honey & mustard for added sweetness & gentle heat. Easy party food loved by all! Perfect little nibble for any occasion!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 24 sausages
- 12 pork chipolatas or 24 raw cocktail sausage
- 12 slices of smoked pancetta or smoked streaky bacon
- 24 fresh sage leaves really large ones can be halved
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp rapeseed/olive oil to grease the baking dish
- cocktail sticks to serve
Making Cocktail Sausages out of Chipolatas (optional)
Preparing Party Sausages For Baking
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
Take a slice of bacon/pancetta and put it on the cutting board. Stretch it gently first and then cut in half.
Place fresh sage leaf at the bottom end of each half of bacon/pancetta and put your cocktail sausage on top.
Starting from the bottom, roll your sausage in bacon/pancetta making sure that bacon overlaps nicely and covers all of the sausage.
Repeat with all remaining bacon slices and sausages.
Baking & Glazing
Grease your large baking dish or tray with 1-2 tablespoons of rapeseed/olive oil and arrange your prepared pigs in blankets in the dish.
Roast in preheated oven for approx. 25 minutes until browned and cooked through.
While your sausages are roasting prepare honey and mustard glaze by mixing mustard and honey together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Once your sausages had 25 minutes in the oven take them out and increase the oven temperature to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
Pour the glaze over the sausages and move them around with spatula or shake the dish around a bit so that they are nicely covered in glaze.
Pop them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes (depending on your oven) turning them over half way through. Make sure you watch them at this point.
Serve hot or at room temperature as party food or side dish and dips of your choice.
- Nutritional value is approximate, per sausage and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Making Party Sausages in advance:
- You can prepare them up until the point when they are all done, wrapped in bacon and ready for the oven. Simply pop them in airtight container and keep in the fridge to cook later. Alternatively, you can pop them in freezer proof container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and follow the rest of the recipe below.
- You could also roast them and then store in the fridge or freezer before reheating in the oven with honey and mustard glaze on when you need them.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 2mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg