How to Make Creamy Summer Coleslaw
One of the most popular summer salads with a twist! Think crunchy radishes and cucumber together with the regular coleslaw suspects, all covered in creamy mustard dressing. Yum!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 quarter small white cabbage (approx 200g/7oz) thinly shredded
- 2 carrots (approx 150g/5oz) coarsely grated
- 1 bunch of radishes thinly sliced
- 1 mini cucumber (approx 100g/3.5 oz) thinly sliced
- half a small bunch of chives thinly sliced or snipped with scissors
- 4 Tbsp good quality mayo
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
Prepare all vegetables as per instructions above. Put them all in a large bowl (except for chives) and give it all a good mix with your hands.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Pour prepared dressing over the vegetables and mix well. Sprinkle with majority or all of chopped chives (leaving a sprinkle for garnish if you want) and give it one more quick mix. If you have time let the coleslaw stand for a bit to allow for the flavours to mingle but it's not necessary. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is approximate and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Feel free to use regular salad cucumber in this coleslaw.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6330IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.5mg