Creamy Salmon & Asparagus Pasta
Fresh & zesty Creamy Salmon & Asparagus Pasta is so delicious! Packed with creme fraiche, lemon juice, peas, asparagus & lots of dill it's bursting with flavour! It's very nutritious too, especially if you choose to use wholewheat pasta! Beautiful dish celebrating Spring!
Servings 6 servings
- 400 g pasta of your choice I've used wholewheat fusilli
- 500 g fresh salmon fillet skin on
- 250 g asparagus woody ends trimmed, see blog post above
- 150 g frozen peas
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon save 1 Tbsp of juice to pour over salmon fillet before baking
- 300 g reduced fat creme fraiche
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp of finely chopped dill + few extra sprigs for decoration if you'd like
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.Line your baking tray with aluminum foil and oil it lightly. Dry salmon fillet and put it skin down on prepared baking tray. Pour 1 Tbsp of lemon juice over the fish and season it with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for approx. 12-15 minutes.Take the salmon out of the oven, peel off the skin (it will peel ever so easy) and flake it into small pieces.
While salmon is baking, bring large pan of salted water to boil and put in your trimmed asparagus for about 2-3 min (depending on the thickness) until only just tender. Take asparagus out of the pan and chop each spear into three roughly equal pieces and save the tips for adding to individual portions when serving. Set aside.
Bring "asparagus water" back to boil and cook your pasta according to instructions on the packet (make sure you save approx. 1 cup of water when draining your pasta).
In another large pan, melt butter and add frozen peas. Cook them for a couple of minutes. Add creme fraiche and stir well. Add all the lemon juice, stir well and heat up gently for a minute or two until sauce has warmed through.
Add chopped asparagus stalks to the sauce together with flaked salmon and stir gently.
Add drained pasta with a splash of saved pasta water and mix well. You might have to add a bit more of pasta water depending on consistency of your sauce and how you like it. Sprinkle chopped dill and stir well.
Serve with saved asparagus tips and a grating of lemon zest!
- Nutritional information is approximate, per serving and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Any leftovers will keep in the airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat it gently on the hob/stovetop or in the microwave. Add splash of water if needed.
- Freezing not recommended.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 660mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Vitamin C: 12.8mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg