Chewy Cranberry Flapjacks (Granola Bars)
These Chewy Cranberry Flapjacks (Granola Bars) are so moreish! Sprinkled with almond flakes & white chocolate chips, they're real treat! They make delicious snack or even breakfast on the go!
Servings 16 squares
- 200 g porridge/rolled oats
- 50 g jumbo oats see notes
- 125 g unsalted butter or baking spread
- 100 g brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup see notes
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 g white chocolate chips
- 20 g almond flakes
Square tin 23x23cm (9x9inch) or similar lined with baking paper that overhangs on two sides. It will make for easy removal of flapjacks/granola bars from the tin.
Preheat the oven to 160C/320F/Gas Mark 3.
Put sugar, baking spread or butter and golden syrup in a large pan over low heat and mix gently with a spoon until the ingredients melt and dissolve. Take the pan off the heat.
Add oats and dried cranberries and stir until well combined.
Put the mixture into prepared baking tin and smooth it over with the back of the spoon.
Sprinkle almond flakes and white chocolate chips over the oats mixture and press them gently into the oats with your hand.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Take the tin out of the oven and after the flapjacks (granola bars) had time to cool slightly (approx 5 min) cut them into size of your liking (I went for 16 squares).
Once they're cut, let them cool completely in a tin before transferring into airtight container.
- Nutritional information is approximate and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Feel free to simply use 250g/3 cups of rolled/porridge oats and skip the jumbo oats altogether. I like to add them when I have them for a bit of added texture.
- You can substitute golden syrup with honey or agave syrup if you're a vegan as they have similar consistency.
- They will keep in the airtight container for over a week. Freezer friendly.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.8mg