White Chocolate Blondies with Mini Eggs
These delicious and dense white chocolate blondies (with Mini Eggs thrown in for good measure) are to die for! Delicious treat and not only for Easter!
Servings 16 squares
- 150 g white chocolate good quality
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 125 g light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g plain (all-purpose) flour sieved
- 150-200 g Cadbury's Mini Eggs or any other chocolate sweets you like
- 50 g white chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
Square tin 23x23cm (9x9inch) or similar lined with baking paper that overhangs on two sides. It will make removal of blondies from the tin a real doddle.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
Melt 150g of white chocolate and butter in bain-marie (heatproof bowl placed over a pan with simmering water). Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Once melted remove from the heat and let the mixture cool a bit.
Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until combined.
Add sieved flour and salt and mix well until incorporated.
Put Mini Eggs in the plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin. Add them to the mixture and fold in gently.
Spoon mixture onto prepared baking tin and sprinkle over some white chocolate chips.
Bake in preheated oven for about 25 min or until toothpick comes out clean but centre is still soft.
Let it cool before removing from the tin.
Cut into 16 squares & enjoy!
- Nutritional information is approximate and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Feel free to substitute Mini Eggs with any other treats you like e.g. M&Ms, Smarties etc.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.6mg