Easter Chocolate Nests (Vegan)
Easter Chocolate Nests are classic treats loved by kids and parents alike. This slightly healthier, vegan and gluten-free recipe is made with only two ingredients and takes just minutes to prepare.
Servings 15 nests
- 200 g vegan chocolate of choice, chopped I use Callebaut 54.5% cocoa solids
- 75 g wholegrain puffed rice cereal I use Kallo
- Vegan Mini Eggs or any other toppings of choice I use Good Eggs by Doisy & Dam
Melt the chocolate gently in a heatproof bowl set over the pan with gently simmering water (make sure that the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water). You could also use microwave and melt your chocolate in 15-20 second intervals, stirring frequently.
Add puffed rice cereal into melted chocolate and mix well until evenly coated.
Spoon chocolatey mixture into prepared fairycake cases and top with Mini Eggs (if using) or other toppings you like.
Pop in the fridge until set.
- Nutritional information is approximate, per chocolate nest based on 15 nests and without any toppings. It should be treated as a rough guideline only!
- Feel free to use cornflakes or shredded wheat instead of puffed rice.
- See "Ingredients & possible swaps" above for notes on ingredient recommendations.
- Store in the airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days for maximum crispness.
- If you're not using chocolate chips/callets make sure you chop your chocolate into small pieces for easier melting.
- I use shallow tart baking tray to hold my fairy cake cases to make things a bit sturdier and for ease of transferring to and from the fridge. You could also use, muffin/ cupcake tin or even a baking sheet.
- This recipe yields approximately 15 small nests but this will depend on the size of your cases or how large you want to make them really. You don't even need any cases to make these as you could simply spoon them onto baking sheet lined with some baking paper and transfer to the fridge to set.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg