Puff Pastry Mince Pie Swirls
These Puff Pastry Mince Pie Swirls are super quick & easy to make with all the festive mince pie flavours & almost zero hassle. Now that's a result!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 20 swirls
- 375 g ready rolled puff pastry sheet see notes
- 400 g jar good quality mincemeat You will most likely use approx 3/4 of that.
- 1 large clemetine or satsuma (zest only)
- 30-50 g chopped walnuts optional
- handful of almond flakes optional
- 1 beaten egg or some milk for brushing pastry
- icing sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
Unroll puff pastry sheet and spread it generously with your favourite mince meat.
Grate over zest of one clementine/satsuma and sprinkle some chopped walnuts.
Roll your puff pastry sheet lengthwise like you would Swiss Roll.
Using sharp knife cut your roll into 20 even slices which you place cut side up onto prepared baking sheet.
Brush the edges of your swirls with a little beaten egg or some milk and sprinkle over few almond flakes (if using).
Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until puffed up and golden.
Dust with some icing sugar if you wish and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is approximate, per swirl and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Make sure you take your puff pastry out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before making your swirls to make it easier to unroll.
- Feel free to use any mincemeat you like. Personally, I use Robertson’s Classic Mincemeat* which I then pimp up with the zest of clementine for that lovely citrussy flavour and some chopped walnuts.
- These delicious swirls are the best on the day you bake them but will still be nice the following day if kept in the airtight container. You can always revive them by putting them in the oven for a few minutes.
- Freezer friendly (see above).
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg