Mini Breakfast Frittatas
These Breakfast Muffin Frittatas are perfect for brekkie on the go. They are delicious both warm and cold and will keep you going throughout the morning. Quick and easy to make, healthy and super adaptable.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 Muffin Frittatas
- 4 large eggs
- 50 ml milk
- 6 slices of ham/smoked bacon (see notes)
- half a red pepper or whole romano pepper or 1 tomato deseeded and roughly chopped
- 50 g strong cheddar grated
- chives or spring onions thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- rapeseed oil/olive oil for greasing muffin tin cups
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
Spray muffin tin with a little oil and make sure all the muffin cups are well greased by distributing oil evenly all around with your fingers.
Line each muffin cup with slice of ham, bacon or anything you like.
Deseed and roughly chop your pepper or tomato.
Distribute chopped pepper/tomato evenly between muffin cups and follow by grated cheddar and finely chopped chives.
Whisk the eggs together with milk and season well with salt and pepper.
Pour the egg mixture little by little into muffin tin cups, distributing it evenly until it's all gone.
Bake in preheated oven for approx. 25 minutes until browned and slightly puffed up (they will collapse as they cool).
Let them cool in the muffin tin before taking them out as they are then easier to remove. Prise gently with a knife if required.
Enjoy warm or cold!
- Nutritional information is approximate, per one egg muffin and should be treated as a rough guideline only.
- This recipe is extremely adaptable so feel free to make substitutions and use whatever protein and veg you like. You can also make these 100% vegetarian if you want.
- For best results bake them in well greased, non-stick or silicone muffin tin, don't use paper muffin cases and let them cool in the tin before trying to remove them.
- Store in the airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Easily reheated in the microwave but take care not to overdo it as they'll become rubbery.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 140mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg