Asparagus Puff Pastry Twists with Parma Ham & Pesto
These delicious Asparagus Puff Pastry Twists with Parma Ham & Pesto make tasty and portable picnic snack or lovely appetiser with a nice glass of wine.
Servings 8 servings
- 8 asparagus spears woody ends trimmed
- 4 slices of parma ham or prosciutto cut in half lengthwise
- half of ready rolled puff pastry sheet see notes
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 egg lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
Prepare your asparagus by snapping off woody ends.
Roll out puff pastry sheet and cut it in half widthwise (see notes).
Cut each parma ham/prosciutto slice in half and wrap each half around asparagus spear.
Spread pesto over the puff pastry and cut it into 8 even size strips (widthwise).
Wrap each puff pastry strip around parma ham/prosciutto wrapped asparagus in a spiral to create "twist" effect and place on a baking tray.
Brush each twist gently with beaten egg and bake in preheated oven for 20 min until golden brown and puffed up.
Transfer to cooling rack and serve warm or at room temperature!
- Nutritional information is approximate and should be treated as a guideline only.
- In the UK, ready rolled puff pastry sheet is 375g. For 8 twists you will only need half of the sheet.
- Outside of the UK - You will want puff pastry sheet to be able to cut out 8 strips which are approximately the length of the asparagus or a bit longer and 3-3.5cm wide.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg