Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
Naturally gluten-free these light & fluffy Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes are perfect way to start your day. With added oats & gentle hint of cinnamon & banana they’re wholesome & really delicious. Choose your favourite toppings & enjoy!
Servings 12 pancakes
- 150 g buckwheat flour see notes
- 30 g porridge oats see notes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder ensure it's gluten-free if required
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar optional
- pinch of salt
- 1 large ripe banana (approx 135g peeled weight) mashed
- 200 ml oat milk or any other plant based milk
- 2 tablespoon rapeseed oil see notes
- more rapeseed oil for frying
- blueberries, banana slices, maple syrup to serve
Put buckwheat flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon (if using), brown sugar (if using) and salt into a large bowl and give them a mix with a whisk or a fork until combined.
Add mashed banana, oat milk and oil and mix until incorporated. You will have thick and lumpy batter.
Put a little bit of oil in the frying pan and let it get nice and hot. Using a spoon, a jug or a ladle pour 4 dollops of batter and fry for 2-3 minutes or until you see little bubbles appear in the batter and your pancake has brown nicely on the other side and can be easily lifted with the spatula.
Flip your pancakes and fry for another 1-2 minutes on the other side. Transfer onto a plate and keep warm as you continue with remaining batter.
Serve with your choice of toppings!
- Nutritional information is approximate, per pancake (without garnishes) and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Both buckwheat flour and oats are naturally gluten-free but are often processed in facilities together with products containing gluten. To ensure your pancakes are 100% gluten-free make sure to use free-from products.
- Rapeseed oil can be substituted with equal amount of melted coconut oil.
- Your pancakes can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make sure they're in the airtight container or wrapped tightly.
- Freezer friendly for up to 2 months.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg