Ultimate Rocky Road Recipe
This is my Ultimate Rocky Road Recipe! Quick and easy, no-bake fridge cake, also known as chocolate biscuit cake and even referred to as Polish cake! My version is quite simple and intended for biscuit lovers who are partial to few Digestives and ginger biscuits too! No marshmallows or dried fruit here, sorry!
Servings 24 pieces
- 125 g Digestive biscuits see notes
- 125 g Ginger biscuits see notes
- 100 g unsalted butter or baking spread
- 3 tablespoon golden syrup or honey
- 100 g milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- 100 g dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 100 g milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips melted
- 2 ginger or digestive biscuits crushed
Put milk and dark chocolate , butter and golden syrup in a large pan and melt gently over the low heat stirring until nice and smooth. Set aside.
Put all the biscuits in a large plastic bag and give them a good bash with a rolling pin. Keep them as fine or as chunky as you want.
Add crushed biscuits into the pan with melted chocolate and mix well. Tip chocolate biscuit mixture into the tin lined with some baking paper overlapping on two sides (for easy rocky road removal later). Smooth the surface as much as you can.
For the topping put milk chocolate chips in a small pan and melt them gently over a low heat stirring constantly. Pour in the melted chocolate onto the rocky road base already in the tin and smooth over with patula, back of the spoon or even a brush. Crumble couple of biscuits over the top for that extra touch and pop the tin in the fridge for 2 hours to firm up.
Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is approximate, per serving and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Digestives can be substituted with Graham Crackers (US) or in fact any of your favourite biscuits.
- If ginger biscuits are not your thing simply leave them out and substitute with Digestives or any other of your favourite biscuits.
- Rocky road will keep in the airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks! Store with paper towel or greaseproof paper in between the layers to prevent bars from sticking together.
- Freezer friendly! Freeze by wrapping tightly in clingfilm and/or foil and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost in room temperature or in the fridge overnight. You can also freeze portioned rocky road in a freezer proof container with greaseproof paper in between the layers.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.7mg