Easy Vegan Tzatziki
Easy Vegan Tzatziki - delicious, dairy-free, nut-free, coconut yogurt based Greek dip with cucumber & garlic you won't be able to get enough of.
Servings 4 servings
- 140 g Half a long cucumber skin on, deseeded, coarsely grated
- 250 g coconut yogurt see notes
- 6 g 1 garlic cloves minced, grated or really finely chopped - feel free to adjust the amount as per your liking
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt feel free to season to taste here
- 2 tbsp chopped dill see notes
To the medium bowl add yogurt, minced garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt, chopped dill and mix well until combined. Set aside.
Prepare your cucumber by cutting it in half and scraping out the seeds with the spoon.
Grate each half of the cucumber on the coarse side of the box grater.
Put grated cucumber in a fine sieve placed over a bowl or a sink and press out as much liquid as possible with the back of the spoon.
Add squeezed cucumber to prepared yogurt mixture and stir it in until well combined.
Serve drizzled with some more olive oil and garnished with more fresh dill.
- Nutritional information is approximate, per serving and should be treated as a rough guideline only.
- Feel free to substitute coconut yogurt with any plant yogurt of your choice although the results might differ. Try to make sure you use the plant yogurt that has consistency and thickness of Greek yogurt as much as possible for the most authentic result.
- If you like your garlic a lot, feel free to increase the amount to suit your taste.
- I think fresh dill works best here but you could use freshly chopped mint leaves instead.
- Store in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days. If you see some liquid gathered on or around the dip when you take it out of the fridge simply pour it off.
- I don't recommend freezing.
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1mg