Strawberry Overnight Oats (Vegan)
Full of berry goodness Strawberry Overnight Oats are quick & easy to prepare in the evening for delicious, healthy & rush free breakfast the following morning. Perfect for food prep too!
Servings 3 portions
- 100 g rolled oats old-fashioned, jumbo
- 250 g strawberries fresh or frozen, see notes
- 100 g vegan yogurt plain or strawberry, see notes
- toppings of your choice
On the evening before you want your strawberry overnight oats to be ready do the following:
Wash and hull strawberries.
Puree them using stick blender or food processor. Alternatively, you can always mash the strawberries with a fork.
Mix the oats, pureed strawberries and yogurt together in a bowl until well combined.
Cover or transfer to your favourite jar/container and put in the fridge overnight.
- Nutritional information is approximate, per serving (based on 3 servings without any toppings) and should be treated as a rough guideline only.
- Fresh strawberries in season are the best but you can also use frozen strawberries. Make sure to defrost them first in a sieve over a bowl (to get rid of excess water) and then puree and use as you would fresh ones.
- I love using creamy, vegan coconut yogurt here but feel free to use your favourite one plain or even strawberry flavoured.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezing not recommended.
- I keep my overnight oats in one container and in the morning I take the portion out into a bowl and choose the toppings and mix-ins I fancy that day. However, if you need brekkie on the go you can divide your oats into separate jars/containers and choose your toppings in advance so that in the morning all you do is grab and go!
- This recipe makes 3 portions but you might find it's actually 2 for you. Feel free to double the recipe to make enough portions to last you throughout the working week.
- This particular recipe gives you creamy yet quite thick oats. If you'd prefer them thinner simply mix in your favourite plant based milk when serving.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg