Pancakes (Crêpes) with Mascarpone & Cranberry Compote
These Pancakes (Crêpes) with Mascarpone & Cranberry Compote are beautifully indulgent and perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a luxurious dessert!
Servings 8 servings
- 8-10 Pancakes
- 250 g Mascarpone or Mascarpone Light
- 4 Tbsp Vanilla Sugar or caster sugar +1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds out of 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 egg yolk optional (see notes)
- some unsalted butter or ghee for frying
Cranberry Compote with Rosemary to serve (or any other fruit compote you like)
Prepare pancakes as per my foolproof recipe HERE.
Put mascarpone, vanilla sugar and egg yolk into a bowl and mix together until smooth using hand blender or wooden spoon.
Spread generous tablespoon of mascarpone cream onto each pancake and fold in half and in half again to form a triangle shape.
Fry in butter (couple of minutes on each side) until warmed up and golden.
Serve warm with fruit compote!
- Nutritional information is approximate and should be treated as a guideline only.
- Egg yolk added to mascarpone adds richness and improves consistency but if you are not comfortable using raw egg here, feel free to leave it out.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 109mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 515IU | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 0.2mg