Smoked Mackerel & Horseradish Pâté
Smoked Mackerel Pâté with Horseradish is quick, easy, versatile & full of healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. Perfect as an elegant starter, snack or light lunch!
Servings 4 servings
- 200-250 g smoked mackerel fillets skinned
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- juice of quarter or half a lemon depending on your taste
- 3 spring onions (scallions) (green parts only + more as garnish) washed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream (sauce) or more depending on your preference
- salt & pepper to taste
Take the skin off the mackerel and tear the fish into small pieces then pop them in a bowl. Make sure you pay attention to tiny little bones which you want to discard. If you like your pate really smooth, simply whiz it in a food processor instead.
Using a fork mix flaked or pureed fish with mayonnaise and horseradish.
Add juice of a lemon and mix thoroughly. Start with quarter of a lemon first, taste and add more if needed.
Wash and slice finely your spring onions and mix with the fish.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is approximate and should be treated as a guideline only.
- You could substitute spring onions with small bunch of chives.
- For healthier ingredient substitutions check out the post above.
- Pate will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.9mg