Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle
Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Drizzle are made with yogurt & lots of fresh strawberries.They are real taste of Summer with white chocolate on top! Perfect treat for any occasion!
Servings 12 muffins
- 250 g plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 ml rapeseed or olive oil
- 125 ml full fat plain or greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 150 g caster (fine) sugar
- grated zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g strawberries washed, hulled and roughly chopped
- 50 g white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- extra strawberries for garnish optional
- few fresh mint leaves for garnish optional
Wash and hull the strawberries. Dry them gently with kitchen towel and chop roughly, set aside.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Put plain flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest in a large bowl and whisk gently with a balloon whisk or mix with the fork.
In another bowl whisk together eggs, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract until well combined and of smooth, almost batter like consistency.
Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour in your wet mixture. Mix it in gently and only until all the ingredients are combined and you can no longer see the flour. Take care not to overmix. Add chopped strawberries and fold them in gently.
Divide the batter in between 12 muffin cases and bake in pre-heated oven for approx. 25 min until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let the muffins cool a bit on the wire rack before drizzling them with melted chocolate (see notes below). Decorate with slices of strawberries and mint leaves if desired.
- Nutritional information is approximate, per muffin and should be treated as a guideline only.
- How to melt white chocolate - Put your white chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan with simmering water (bain-marie). Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Let the chocolate melt slowly giving it a gentle stir from time to time with silicone spatula. Once melted, remove the chocolate from the heat and drizzle over the cupcakes.
- Store in the airtight container on the kitchen counter for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freezer friendly for up to 3 months (without strawberry and mint garnish).
Serving: 0g | Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1.2mg