Creamy Pasta Primavera
This Creamy Pasta Primavera with broad beans, courgettes (zucchini) & broccoli celebrates seasonal veggies quick & easy way. Perfect midweek family meal!
Servings 4 servings
- 140 g broad beans podded weight
- 270 g broccoli florets 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 courgette (zucchini) roughly 140g/5 oz grated, skin on
- 3 garlic cloves crushed, minced or finely chopped
- 350 g pasta I used Cavatelli*, but any shape will do just fine
- 250 g Mascarpone light
- 20 g parmesan grated
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and grate the courgette (skin on) on the large part of the grater.
Cook broad beans and broccoli florets in a pan of salted boiling water until cooked but broccoli florets should be slightly al dente and nicely holding their shape. Set veggies aside and cook your pasta in the same water according to packet instructions. Drain but save some of the veggie/pasta water.
Heat tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan, and gently fry crushed garlic and grated courgette until softened. Stir frequently as you don't want your garlic to burn.
Add mascarpone, grated parmesan, zest & juice of lemon and mix well.
Add cooked pasta, broad beans and broccoli and stir gently to warm them up in a pan.
Add splash of saved pasta water to loosen sauce a bit, season to taste.
Plate up and serve with additional sprinkle of grated parmesan and some fresh basil if you wish.
- Nutritional information is approximate, per serving and should be used as a guideline only.
- The quantities of all the veggies used are as per what I had on hand on the day. Your courgette and broccoli might be smaller or bigger so your quantities might vary. Go with what you've got! You can also play around with seasonal veggies - perhaps use peas and asparagus or tender stem broccoli instead.
- Feel free to double-pod your broad beans, see how above.
- You can substitute fresh broad beans with frozen when out of the season.
- This pasta is best eaten fresh and I wouldn't recommend freezing it!
Calories: 570kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1435IU | Vitamin C: 69.7mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 2.3mg