Today's recipe can be definitely categorised as proper comfort food. My Mini Pork Meatloaves with Courgette are really delicious and actually pretty good for you too! The addition of courgette provides moisture and you get your little green veg boost too!
Meatloaf seems to be huge in America. Proper hearty family favourite, not so much in the UK. I think it's time to change that cause although it may sound a bit boring and samey, samey, it does, in fact, give you a lot of possibilities.
In this recipe I used pork mince and courgette with oregano but you could use turkey mince with grated carrot and some thyme? Same concept, completely different flavours. There are so many different possibilities, you can be really creative!
Of course you could make one big meatloaf instead of mini ones. It would be a bit tricky to brown it first so I would still roll it in breadcrumbs, spray or brush it well with oil and bake at 180C for approx 45-55 min. Slice and enjoy!
The main reason I like mini meatloaves is my kids. They cannot get enough of them and even though they can see "the green bits" they never, EVER, question them, EVER! 🙂 Now, that is HUGE! Another reason I prefer mini version is their portability. They make perfect snack for when on the go as they are delicious both hot and cold. They go so well with my Perfect Greek Tzatziki. They also freeze really well so you could make double batch and keep some handy in the freezer.
As for the sides, the culinary world is your oyster here but I like to serve mine with mash or some gorgeous duchess potatoes (Lidl Deluxe are lush) and Easy Grated Carrot Salad. Delish!
Mini Pork Meatloaves with Courgette
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 small courgette grated (approx.150g)
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 heaped tbsp breadcrumbs plus some more for rolling your meatloaves in
- 1 generous tsp dried oregano
- salt pepper, oil
- Put pork mince in a large bowl and set aside.
- Grate your courgette and try to squeeze some of the liquid out of it, set aside.
- Heat tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry chopped onion until softened. Add garlic and grated courgette and mix well. Fry for a few minutes until courgette looks softened and majority of moisture evaporated. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer fried onion/garlic/courgette mix onto the bowl with mince, add egg, breadcrumbs, oregano, salt and pepper and mix really well.
- Shape the mixture into 6 equal mini meatloaves and roll each one in some breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat some oil in a pan and fry your meatloaves on both sides until browned nicely and transfer them to ovenproof dish. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sides of your choice and enjoy!
If you like this recipe you might like my Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Turkey Rolls which use turkey mince but there is no reason why you couldn't make these with pork.
Pin For Later!
I’m linking my Mini Pork Meatloaves with Courgette with the following pages:
Cook Once Eat Twice hosted by Corina at Searching for Spice
Brilliant Blog Posts hosted by Vicki at Honest Mum Blog